The Swedish Higher Education Authority evaluates the quality of higher education and research, analyses the development, is responsible for official statistics about higher education and monitors compliance with laws and regulations among universities and university colleges.
A government agency whose responsibilities span across the education sector
UHR's tasks include:
- coordinating admissions to higher education.
- producing the Swedish Scholastic Aptitude Test.
- providing support and information to everyone who wants to study in higher education.
- widening participation and preventing discrimination in higher education.
- evaluating foreign higher education qualifications.
- brokering international exchanges.
- managing and developing IT systems.