My name is Nico Reski and within the scope of my doctoral studies in the VRxAR Labs research group (Dept. of Computer Science and Media Technology) I am exploring how to use immersive technologies, such as virtual reality (VR), for the purpose of data analysis and meaning making (a research area we refer to as “Immersive Analytics”).
Recently, I have developed a new prototype that allows the user to explore time-oriented data in immersive VR. In order to formally evaluate this prototype, I am kindly inviting you to participate in a user interaction study that we are conducting now (until presumingly the middle of March 2020).
Please find below a brief overview as well as a link to further, more detailed (incl. Demo video) information to the study.
# Invitation to user study: Exploration of time-oriented data in immersive virtual reality
- What: user interaction study
- Why: to investigate usability and user engagement of a 3D user interface enabling the exploration of time-oriented data in virtual reality (VR)
- How: testing live our developed VR prototype (overall study duration ~ 45-55 min)
- Who: Nico Reski, [VRxAR Labs] research group at Linnaeus University
- Where: Room D2269A, D-building, Campus Växjö, Linnaeus University
- When: 25.02.2020 - middle of March 2020 (sign-up via email, see further information)
Further information (online): https://vrxar.lnu.se/study
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. No specific prior knowledge is required, everyone can participate. I am really looking forward to hearing from you, and thank you for your time in advance. It is much appreciated.