Contact us at GIO@lnu.se
Invite us to your research group or department, and we will tell you about research funding, about knowledge transfer and arrange different types of workshops.
Please join the Grants and Innovation Office employee group (Medarbetar grupp). There you will find the latest news about our activities.
Research advice – support for you as a researcher
We help researchers find funding for their research. This means, for example, that we:
- Assist with information about calls from current financiers, using Research Professional, a database where you will find most of the open calls for research funding, in the world.
- Provide support in the application process, by clarifying inquiries, reading, giving feedback and commenting on applications.
- Offer access to experts on budget issues and lawyers.
- Have good relationships with many funders.
- Organize seminars with the aim of increasing knowledge about the application process
Contact our research advisors
Our research advisors have a good knowledge of both national and international funders. We also have research advisors fully focused on EU funding.
- Kjärstin Hagman Boström, Research Advisor for FHL
- Mikael Härlin, Research Advisor for FSV and FEH
- Joakim Stolz, Research Adviser for FKH
- Anna Wingkvist, Research Adviser for FTK
- Anthony Scully, Research Adviser, EU funding
- Annett Wolf, Research Adviser. EU funding
- Tolkyn Abdikarimova, Research Financing Advisor
- Francesco Barbabella, EU project manager
- Shamim Patel, EU Project manager
- Anna Grönblad, Lawyer
Are you interested in financing innovation projects?
Our collaboration adviser can guide you in funding projects where universities, colleges, research institutes and public enterprises work together to develop new solutions.
- Karin Leksell, Senior Advisor Strategic development and collaboration, firstname.lastname@example.org, 0480-446993, 0722-196434
Strategic Planning Grant 2019
By 2019, researchers can apply for strategic planning grants of up to SEK 10,000 to create networks and prepare applications. The contribution is primarily intended for those who want to participate in H2020 projects or other international projects. Application forms can be found at the bottom of the page.
Innovation advice – Get help developing your ideas
We help you develop your ideas so that they can reach new groups outside the academy and benefit society. This means, for example, that we:
- Help you design your offer.
- Offer financial support for, for example, a mapping of the market and news review. For instance, GIO has close access to funds to verify your idea. The money (max 300,000 SEK) can be used for news review, market research, prototype production, various types of protection such as patent protection, design protection and trademark protection. Quick handling, decision within two weeks.
- Help you present and formulate your offer, through a so-called Value creation forum (VCF).
- Help you identify assets in your research through an Intellectual Assets Inventory (IAI). This makes it easy to get an overview of the intellectual assets that exist in a research project and to highlight the assets that may be useful to others.
- Offer the PhD student's course Innovative applications of research and science (4.5 credits). The course presents a variety of methods that researchers can use to ensure that their research has impact and relevance outside the university. The course provides doctoral students with tools that help them communicate the value of their work to financiers and potential investors.
The professor’s privilege means that you, as a researcher and teacher, have the right to your research results, a unique benefit that you will take advantage of.
Contact our innovation advisors
Our innovation advisors have a good knowledge of utilization, commercialization, product development, business development and intellectual property rights.
- Emma Hermansson, Innovation Advisor
- Mathias Gaunitz, Innovation Advisor
- Martina Lago, Innovation Advisor